Chef Tim & Helper Bob tackle one of the most popular foods at Walt Disney World’s EPCOT. The Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup from Le Cellier in the Canadian Pavilion in World Showcase! The soup turned out fantastic!
You can Subscribe to our YouTube Channel Here!
If you are looking to book or even just get a FREE vacation quote check us out over at the Resort Loop Travel Group!
Le Cellier' Cheddar Cheese Soup
This is the iconic soup from Le Cellier in the Canada Pavilion at EPCOT's World Showcase!
- 5 Cups of whole milk
- 12 oz bacon
- 10 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup celery
- 2 red onions
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 quart of chicken stock
- 1 pound of shredded good quality sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Tabasco sauce
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 12 ounces of Canadian Beer Le Cellier uses Moosehead, I Substituted Molson
- Chives or chopped green onions for garnish if desired
- Cook the bacon first and save the bacon drippings they will be used later in the recipe.
- Heat the Milk slowly in a large pot being very careful not to burn the milk or allow it to boil over frequent stirring is required.
- Finely chop (or use a food processor) the celery and red onions and carefully add them to the melted butter and bacon drippings in a separate pot and cook until soft and translucent.
- Slowly add the flour to the pot with the butter, bacon fat and vegetables to make a roux. cook for a couple minutes to remove the raw flour taste. Slowly add the chicken stock to the roux stirring very often if not constantly. make sure the mixture is hot and add it a couple of spoonfuls at a time to the hot milk stirring constantly. If the Milk and the mixture is hot they will blend nicely. Use a slotted spoon to make sure the roux is dissolving completely.
- Once the milk and roux are blended well turn down the heat and add the salt, pepper, Tabasco, and Worcestershire sauce and stir well.
- Add the shredded white cheddar cheese and mix well until well blended.
- Add the Canadian beer and stir well.
- Use the bacon you cooked earlier as a garnish and Green onions or chives if desired.
- Finally, imagine yourself in World Showcase and enjoy!